When treating type 2 diabetes, Tradjenta dosing guidelines are the same for everyone -- 5 mg once daily. However, if your blood sugar levels become too low, your healthcare provider may need to adjust the amounts of your other diabetes medications. Try to take Tradjenta at the same time every day.
An Introduction to Dosing With TradjentaThere is only one standard dose for Tradjenta™ (linagliptin), regardless of your age, weight, or kidney function. As is always the case, do not adjust your Tradjenta dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Tradjenta Dosage for Type 2 DiabetesThe recommended dose of Tradjenta for treating type 2 diabetes in adults is 5 mg once daily. No dosage adjustment is required for people with kidney disease or liver disease.
However, your healthcare provider may need to lower the dosage of other diabetes medications you are taking if your blood sugar levels become too low.
General Information on Taking TradjentaSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Tradjenta include the following:
- Tradjenta comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- Tradjenta can be taken with or without food.
- It does not matter what time of day you take Tradjenta; however, try to take it at the same time every day.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to dosing with Tradjenta, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.