PrandiMet Warnings and Precautions
Before taking PrandiMet, warnings and precautions of the medication should be reviewed with your healthcare provider. For instance, PrandiMet may cause a life-threatening condition called lactic acidosis. The risk of developing this condition is increased if you have certain other medical problems. Therefore, make sure your healthcare provider is aware of any other health conditions you have and any other medications you are taking (including non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements).
PrandiMet: What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking PrandiMet™ (repaglinide and metformin) if you have:
- Kidney problems, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver problems, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Low vitamin B12 levels (pernicious anemia)
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Had a heart attack
- An upcoming surgery or procedure (including x-rays or other radiology procedures)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medicines you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.