Interested in a Discount on Metformin?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
This drug can potentially interact with a number of medicines.
(Click Metformin Drug Interactions for more information about these possible interactions.)
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Kidney problems, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver problems, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Low vitamin B12 levels (pernicious anemia)
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Had a heart attack or stroke
- An upcoming surgery or procedure (including x-rays and other radiology procedures)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Metformin and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding
- Drink alcohol regularly (see Metformin and Alcohol).
Tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Metformin Warnings and Precautions for more information on this topic, including information on who should not take this drug.)