When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Metanx include the following:
- This medication comes in tablet form. It is normally taken by mouth once or twice a day.
- You can take Metanx with food or on an empty stomach. Try taking it with food if it bothers your stomach.
- Try to take this medicine at the same time each day.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Metanx your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to Metanx
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Metanx Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of MetanxJust like any medicine, Metanx can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes it will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
If reactions do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of Metanx include but are not limited to:
- Numbness or tingling sensations
(Click Metanx Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)