An Introduction to Dosing With Metanx
The dose of Metanx®
your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to Metanx
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your Metanx dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Metanx Dosage Guidelines
The recommended Metanx dose is one tablet taken twice a day. You may take both tablets at the same time if you prefer to take the medicine once a day. When your symptoms start to improve, your healthcare provider may decrease your dosage to one tablet once a day.
General Information on Taking Metanx
Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Metanx include the following:
- This medication comes in tablet form. It is normally taken by mouth once or twice a day.
- You can take Metanx with food or on an empty stomach. Try taking it with food if it bothers your stomach.
- Taking this medication at the same time each day may help you remember to take it.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to dosing with Metanx, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.