Diabetes Home > Being Active With Type 2 Diabetes
What Are Some Easy Activities to Start With?
- Play with the kids
- Take the dog for a walk
- Walk around while you are talking on the phone
- Clean the house
- Wash the car
- Park at the far end of the parking lot and walk to the store
- Work out in the yard, such as raking leaves
- If you have stairs in your house, you can stretch out your chores -- make two trips to take the laundry downstairs instead of one
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator
- During your lunch or coffee break, take a walk.
Including Aerobic Exercise
- A brisk walk
- Climbing stairs
- Swimming or water aerobics
- Riding a bike
- An aerobics class
- Sports, such as basketball, tennis, or volleyball
- Ice skating
- Skiing (either cross-country or downhill).