Diabetes Home > Starlix
When and How to Take StarlixGeneral considerations for when and how to take Starlix include the following:
- Starlix comes in tablet form. It should be taken by mouth before each meal.
- The medication can be taken up to half an hour before each meal. If you skip a meal, however, you should also skip your dose of Starlix.
- For Starlix to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The drug will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Starlix your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How well your diabetes is controlled
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you are currently taking.
Side Effects of StarlixAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Starlix. However, not everyone who takes it will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can be easily treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
- Upper respiratory infections (similar to the common cold)
- Back pain
- Flu symptoms (body aches, tiredness, fever)
- Low blood sugar (see Starlix and Blood Sugar).