Diabetes Home > NPH Insulin Dosage
There is no standard NPH insulin dosage that will work for all people or even for the same person in all situations. Dosing will depend on several factors, including your current dose of other insulins, the carbohydrate content of your meals, and how you respond to NPH insulin. Most people take their dose of NPH insulin once or twice daily before the morning and evening meals.
- How you respond to NPH insulin (especially as measured by your blood sugar levels)
- Your current dose of other insulins
- Other medications you are taking, including other diabetes medications
- The carbohydrate content of your meals
- Other medical conditions you may have.