Diabetes Home > Milk Thistle
Safety of Milk ThistleReasonable usage of this supplement (at reasonable doses) is probably safe for many people. However, some people are more likely to experience problems due to milk thistle than others. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking milk thistle medicinally if you have:
- Any chronic medical condition
- Cancer (or a history of cancer)
- Uterine fibroids
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Milk Thistle and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Milk Thistle and Breastfeeding).