Diabetes Home > Metformin
Dosing InformationThe dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- How well your diabetes is controlled
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.
Side EffectsAs with any medicine, there are possible side effects. However, not everyone who takes metformin will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate the drug well. When side effects do occur, in most cases they are minor and either require no treatment or can be easily treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
- Nausea or vomiting
- Abdominal discomfort (or stomach discomfort)
- Metformin and Erectile Dysfunction
- Metformin and Hair Loss
- Metformin and TSH Levels
- Metformin and Weight Loss
- Metformin and Contrast Medium.)