Diabetes Home > Metanx Side Effects
Serious Side EffectsSome Metanx side effects are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling, especially of the mouth, lips, or throat
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Persistent numbness or tingling
- An increase in red blood cells, which may cause symptoms such as:
- Breathing problems when lying down
- Itchiness after a warm shower or bath
- A feeling of fullness in the left upper abdomen (stomach)
- Redness of the skin
Final ThoughtsYou may experience some or none of the Metanx side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while using Metanx or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.