Diabetes Home > Humulin R Dosage
There is no set Humulin R dosage that works for all people or for the same person in all situations. Carbohydrate counting and measuring your blood sugar levels before and after meals may help you determine an accurate dosage. Generally, smaller doses of Humulin R are necessary after meals with a low carbohydrate content, while larger doses are necessary after meals with a high carbohydrate content.
- The carbohydrate content of your meals
- How you respond to Humulin R (especially as measured by your blood sugar levels)
- Your current dose of other insulins
- Other medications you are taking, including other diabetes medications
- Other medical conditions you may have.