Diabetes Home > Glipizide Dosing
General Glipizide Dosing InformationConsiderations for people taking glipizide include the following:
- Glipizide should be taken at the same time(s) each day to maintain an even level of the medication in your system.
- Regular glipizide works best if taken 30 minutes before breakfast. Extended release glipizide should be taken with breakfast.
- If you do not take your glipizide as scheduled, take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue on your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose of glipizide.
- For glipizide to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Glipizide will not work if you take it differently than how your healthcare provider recommends.
- If you are unsure about anything related to glipizide or glipizide dosing, talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking glipizide without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.