Diabetes Home > Diabetes Prevention
The following tips can help you find balance as you strive to be healthy:
- Don't try to change your entire way of eating and exercising all at once. Try one new activity or food a week.
- Find mellow ways to relax -- try deep breathing, take an easy-paced walk, or enjoy your favorite easy listening music.
- Give yourself daily "pampering time" and honor this time like any other appointment you make, whether it's spending time reading a book, taking a long bath, or meditating.
- Try not to eat out of boredom or frustration. If you're not hungry, do something else.
- Honor your health as your most precious gift.