Diabetes Home > Byetta
How Effective Is It?There have been several studies looking at the effects of Byetta on type 2 diabetes:
When and How to Take ByettaSome general considerations for when and how to take the medication include:
- Byetta comes in an injection form. It is given just under the skin of the thigh, abdomen, or upper arm. Make sure your healthcare provider explains exactly how to inject it.
- It should be injected twice a day, before the two main meals, at least six hours apart.
- It should be injected within 60 minutes before the meal. It should not be taken after the meal or more than 60 minutes before the meal.
- It should be taken at the same times each day to maintain an even level of the drug in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be injected as prescribed. It will not work if you stop using it.