Diabetes Home > Avandamet Alternatives
There are a number of Avandamet alternatives available for those who cannot control their blood sugar levels by taking Avandamet. Other oral diabetes medicines may include biguanides, thiazolidinediones, or sulfonylureas. There are also many different types of insulin and other injectable type 2 diabetes medicines, such as incretin mimetics and amylin analogues. Certain lifestyle changes, including diet and exercise, are also an important part of type 2 diabetes treatment.
- Other oral diabetes medications (see Diabetes Medication)
- Lifestyle changes
- Insulin and other injectable diabetes medications.
- Combination medications
- Alpha glucosidase inhibitors
- Dipeptidyl peptidase inhibitors
- Ergot alkaloids
- Sodium-glucose co-transporter 2 inhibitors (SGLT2 inhibitors)
- Bile acid sequestrants.