Diabetes Home > Side Effects of Actos
There are many possible side effects of Actos, including common problems such as headache, sinus infections, and upper respiratory infections. Most people actually tolerate the medicine well, and when side effects do occur, they usually don't require medical attention. However, certain Actos side effects are more serious and should be reported to your healthcare provider, including trouble breathing, low blood sugar, rapid weight gain, and vision changes.
- Upper respiratory infections (similar to the common cold) -- in up to 13.2 percent of people
- Headache -- up to 9.1 percent
- Sinus infection or sinus irritation -- up to 6.3 percent
- Muscle pain -- up to 5.4 percent
- Tooth problems -- up to 5.3 percent
- Sore throat -- up to 5.1 percent
- Swelling or water weight gain (edema) -- up to 4.8 percent (see Actos and Weight Gain).