Diabetes Home > Actoplus Met Warnings and Precautions
It's important to be aware of Actoplus Met warnings and precautions before taking it, including information on who should not take Actoplus Met and side effects that may occur. Side effects can include lactic acidosis, fluid retention, decreased vitamin B12 levels, and increased liver enzymes. Actoplus Met warnings and precautions also extend to those who have kidney disease, have metabolic or diabetic ketoacidosis, or are seriously dehydrated.
- Heart problems of any kind, especially congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Had a heart attack or stroke
- Liver problems, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Low vitamin B12 levels (pernicious anemia)
- Kidney problems, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- An upcoming surgery or procedure (including x-rays and other radiology procedures)
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Actoplus Met and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding
- Are having problems getting pregnant
- Are premenopausal without regular menstrual periods
- Drink alcohol.