Diabetes Home > Actoplus Met Warnings and Precautions
- Are allergic to Actoplus Met, pioglitazone hydrochloride (Actos®), metformin hydrochloride (Fortamet®, Glucophage®, Glucophage XR®, Glumetza®, or Fortamet®), or any inactive component used to make Actoplus Met. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure).
- Have metabolic or diabetic ketoacidosis (a life-threatening condition that may occur with uncontrolled diabetes). This condition needs to be treated with insulin.
- Are seriously dehydrated (have lost a lot of water from your body).
- Are going to have an x-ray procedure with injection of dyes (contrast agents).
- Are going to have surgery.
- Develop a serious condition, such as heart attack, severe infection, or a stroke.
- Are 80 years old or older and you have not had your kidney function tested.
- Have severe heart failure.