Diabetes Home > Actoplus Met Side Effects
Swelling, upper respiratory tract infections, and weight gain are some of the more common Actoplus Met side effects. These are generally considered minor and do not require medical attention. However, you should contact your healthcare provider immediately if you develop serious side effects of Actoplus Met, such as chest pain, signs of low blood sugar, vision changes, or an allergic reaction.
- Upper respiratory tract infections (similar to the common cold or flu) -- in up to 13.5 percent of people
- Swelling or fluid retention (edema) of the lower leg or ankles -- up to 11.3 percent
- Weight gain -- up to 6.7 percent (see Actoplus Met and Weight Gain)
- Diarrhea -- up to 5.8 percent
- Nausea -- up to 5.8 percent
- Urinary tract infections (UTI), including bladder infections -- up to 5.8 percent
- Dizziness -- up to 5.4 percent
- Headache -- up to 5.3 percent
- Sinus infection or irritation -- up to 5 percent.