When and How to Take Kombiglyze XRSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Kombiglyze XR include the following:
- Kombiglyze XR comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day with the evening meal.
- Swallow the tablets whole; never chew, crush, break, or dissolve them.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Kombiglyze XR your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How well your diabetes is controlled
- Other medications you are currently taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Kombiglyze XR Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of Kombiglyze XRJust like any medicine, Kombiglyze XR may cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can be treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious reactions are less common.
Some of the most common side effects seen with Kombiglyze XR include but are not limited to:
- Upper respiratory tract infections
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs), such as a bladder infection
- Nausea and vomiting.
(Click Kombiglyze XR Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)