Kombiglyze XR Dosage
Although the exact dose of Kombiglyze XR you are prescribed will depend on certain factors, such as how well your type 2 diabetes is controlled, the usual amount when starting treatment is 5 mg/500 mg. This medicine comes in tablet form, and is generally taken once a day with the evening meal. Swallow the tablets whole -- do not crush, chew, or break them.
An Introduction to Dosing With Kombiglyze XRThe dose of Kombiglyze™ XR (saxagliptin/metformin ER) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How well your diabetes is controlled
- Other medications you are currently taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Recommended Kombiglyze XR DosageThe recommended starting dose of Kombiglyze XR for treating type 2 diabetes in most adults is 5 mg/500 mg once daily with the evening meal. If you are switching from saxagliptin (Onglyza™) or one of the many metformin products, your healthcare provider will choose a starting dosage based on your current dose of saxagliptin and/or metformin.
Some medications increase the level of saxagliptin in the bloodstream. For people taking these medications, the recommended Kombiglyze XR dosage is 2.5 mg/1000 mg once daily with the evening meal (see Kombiglyze XR Drug Interactions for more information).
General Information on Taking Kombiglyze XRSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Kombiglyze XR include the following:
- Kombiglyze XR comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day with the evening meal.
- Swallow the tablets whole; never chew, crush, break, or dissolve them.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Kombiglyze XR dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.