When treating type 2 diabetes with Jentadueto, the recommended dosage is usually 2.5 mg/500 mg twice daily. Each dose should be taken at approximately the same times every day along with a meal. The specific amount of Jentadueto you receive will depend on how well your diabetes is controlled, other medications you are taking, and other factors.
An Introduction to Dosing With JentaduetoThe dose of Jentadueto™ (linagliptin/metformin) your healthcare provider prescribes will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How well your diabetes is controlled
- Other medications you are taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
What Is the Recommended Jentadueto Dosage?The recommended starting Jentadueto dose for treating type 2 diabetes in most adults is 2.5 mg/500 mg twice daily with meals. If you are switching from linagliptin (Tradjenta™) or one of the many metformin products, your healthcare provider will choose a starting dosage based on your current amount of linagliptin and/or metformin.
Because the metformin component of Jentadueto has a tendency to cause diarrhea or other digestive problems, a low dosage is recommended at first (500 mg twice daily), unless you are already accustomed to metformin. Your healthcare provider can gradually increase the amount if necessary; doing this slowly can help prevent diarrhea.
General Information on Taking JentaduetoSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Jentadueto include the following:
- Jentadueto comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth twice a day with meals.
- Try to take the medication consistently, approximately at the same times each day, to keep an even level in your system.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Jentadueto dosing in general, please talk with your healthcare provider or pharmacist.