Diabetes Channel
Related Channels

Jentadueto Alternatives

Although people generally respond well to Jentadueto (linagliptin/metformin), there may be instances where this medication does not adequately control blood sugar levels or may cause bothersome side effects. In these situations, a healthcare provider may recommend an alternative to Jentadueto, such as lifestyle changes, injectable diabetes drugs, or other oral diabetes medications.

Are There Alternatives to Jentadueto?

Jentadueto® (linagliptin/metformin) is a prescription medication used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. It contains two different diabetes medications: linagliptin (Tradjenta®) and metformin.
Jentadueto is generally effective at treating diabetes, and most people tolerate it well. However, as with all medicines, side effects can occur or the medicine may not be adequately effective. Fortunately, there are several alternatives to Jentadueto for type 2 diabetes.
Some of these Jentadueto alternatives include:
  • Lifestyle changes
  • Other oral diabetes medications
  • Insulin and other injectable diabetes medications.

Lifestyle Changes for Type 2 Diabetes

Many lifestyle changes have been shown to be quite effective at controlling type 2 diabetes, especially in the early stages. These lifestyle changes include weight loss, becoming more physically active (see Diabetes and Exercise), and changes in diet (see Diabetic Diet). In fact, these changes are important for all people with type 2 diabetes, including people taking diabetes drugs.
For many people, however, lifestyle changes alone may not be enough to adequately control type 2 diabetes. For these people, medications may be necessary.
7 Signs of High Blood Sugar

Jentadueto Medication Information

Referring Pages:
Terms of Use
Advertise with Us
Contact Us
About eMedTV
Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2006-2020 Clinaero, Inc.
eMedTV serves only as an informational resource. This site does not dispense medical advice or advice of any kind. Site users seeking medical advice about their specific situation should consult with their own physician. Click Terms of Use for more information.