Insulin Side Effects
Interested in a Discount on Insulin?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
Some insulin side effects are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. Some of the warning signs of these serious side effects include:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Wheezing or other difficulty breathing
- Symptoms of diabetic ketoacidosis, caused by prolonged high blood sugar levels (if your dose is too low):
- Fruity, sweet-smelling breath
- Increased thirst and urination
- Nausea and vomiting
- Labored breathing
- Symptoms of low blood sugar levels, such as:
- Changes in behavior, such as irritability or mood swings
- Cold sweats
- Difficulty speaking
- Loss of coordination
- Extreme hunger
- Blurry vision
Make sure those around you know how to recognize your particular signs of low blood sugar, as you may be too confused (due to low blood sugar levels) to recognize and adequately respond to low blood sugar. Different people may have different signs of low blood sugar levels.