Interested in a Discount on Humulin 70/30?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
General considerations include the following:
- This diabetes medication comes in injectable form. It is injected just under the skin (subcutaneously), usually about half an hour before meals. Typically, it is taken twice a day. Your healthcare provider will decide exactly how and when you should take Humulin 70/30.
- This insulin comes in vials or in a disposable insulin pen. To use the vials, you will need insulin syringes (with needles attached). To use the pens, you will need specific types of needles known as "pen needles." Either way, each time you inject the insulin, you need to use a new needle.
- Humulin 70/30 comes as a suspension that settles between doses. You must "re-suspend" the insulin before each injection. For the vials, shake or rotate the vials until the insulin is uniformly cloudy. For the pen, roll the pen and flip it up and down several times until the insulin is uniformly cloudy.
- Your healthcare provider should show you exactly how to inject Humulin 70/30. It can be injected into the skin and fat layer of the abdomen (stomach), upper arm, or thigh. Choose one of these three areas, and rotate injection sites within your chosen area.
- Never mix this insulin with any other insulin in the same syringe.
- For this diabetes drug to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it. Make sure to monitor your blood sugar levels as your healthcare provider recommends.
The dose that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your current dose of other insulins
- The carbohydrate content of your meals
- Your blood sugar levels
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Humulin 70/30 Dosage for more information.)