Who Makes DiaBeta?
DiaBeta is manufactured by sanofi-aventis.
How Does DiaBeta Work?
DiaBeta is part of a class of diabetes medications
known as sulfonylureas. A sulfonylurea helps the pancreas
to make more insulin. It may also help the cells of the body respond better to insulin. This helps to lower blood sugar and keep it under better control.
When and How to Take It
General considerations for when and how to take DiaBeta include the following:
- DiaBeta comes in tablet form. It should be taken by mouth, usually once or twice a day.
- When taking the drug once daily, it should be taken with breakfast (or the first main meal).
- When taking DiaBeta twice daily, the first dose should be taken with breakfast (or the first main meal).
- The medication should be taken at the same time(s) each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medicine to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.