The recommended starting dosage of Cycloset is one 0.8 mg tablet once daily in the morning, taken within two hours of waking. Your healthcare provider will gradually increase your dosage by one tablet until you reach the maximum number of tablets you can tolerate (no more than six tablets per day). In order for the medication to work properly, dosing guidelines must be followed carefully.
The dose of Cycloset™ (bromocriptine mesylate) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to Cycloset
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Cycloset is usually started with a low dosage, and the dosage is gradually increased. The recommended starting dose is 0.8 mg (one tablet) once daily in the morning, within two hours of waking.
Once a week, your healthcare provider may increase your dosage by one tablet until you reach the maximum number of tablets you can tolerate (usually up to a maximum of six tablets per day). All the tablets for the day should be taken all at once at the same time, within two hours of waking.
Some considerations for people taking Cycloset include the following:
- Cycloset comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth within two hours after waking up in the morning.
- Cycloset should be taken with food in order to avoid stomach upset.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage of Cycloset, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.