General Byetta Dosing InformationSome considerations for people taking Byetta include:
- Byetta comes in an injection form. It is given just under the skin of the thigh, abdomen, or upper arm. Make sure your healthcare provider shows you exactly how to inject it.
- Byetta should be injected twice a day, before the two main meals, at least six hours apart.
- Byetta should be injected within 60 minutes before the meal. It should not be taken after the meal or more than 60 minutes before the meal.
- If possible, Byetta should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the diabetes medication in your blood.
- If you do not take your Byetta as scheduled, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take Byetta after a meal, and do not take a double dose of Byetta.
- Make sure your healthcare provider demonstrates exactly how to inject Byetta.
- For Byetta to work properly, you have to use it as prescribed. Byetta will not work if you use it differently than how your healthcare provider prescribed it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Byetta or your Byetta dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking Byetta without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.