A variety of combination medications are available for the treatment of type 2 diabetes, including:
- Alogliptin and metformin (Kazano®)
- Alogliptin and pioglitazone (Oseni®)
- Glipizide and metformin (Metaglip®)
- Glyburide and metformin (Glucovance®)
- Linagliptin and metformin (Jentadueto®)
- Pioglitazone and glimepiride(Duetact®)
- Pioglitazone and metformin (Actoplus Met®, Actoplus Met XR)
- Repaglinide and metformin (PrandiMet®)
- Rosiglitazone and glimepiride (Avandaryl®)
- Rosiglitazone and metformin (Avandamet®)
- Saxagliptin and metformin (Kombiglyze™ XR)
- Sitagliptin and metformin (Janumet®)
- Sitagliptin and metformin XR (Janumet® XR)
- Sitagliptin and simvastatin (Juvisync®), which is no longer available.
Final ThoughtsThere are several Bydureon alternatives for type 2 diabetes treatment, including lifestyle changes or other medications for diabetes. If Bydureon is not working for you, or if it is causing bothersome side effects, ask your healthcare provider about trying one of the alternatives mentioned in this article.