Avandaryl Dosing for Type 2 Diabetes
The recommended starting Avandaryl
dose is Avandaryl 4 mg/1 mg once daily with the first meal of the day. If you are switching from rosiglitazone
) or glimepiride
), the starting dose can be as high as Avandaryl 4 mg/2 mg once daily. If you are already taking both Avandia and Amaryl, you should start at the equivalent combination dose of Avandaryl. The first part of the Avandaryl dosage refers to the rosiglitazone amount, while the second part of the dosage refers to the glimepiride amount (for example, Avandaryl 4 mg/1 mg contains 4 mg rosiglitazone and 1 mg glimepiride).
If necessary, your healthcare provider may slowly increase your Avandaryl dose to control blood sugar. The maximum dose is Avandaryl 8 mg/4 mg per day.
General Avandaryl Dosage Information
Some considerations for people taking Avandaryl include:
- Avandaryl should be taken by mouth once daily with the first meal of the day.
- Avandaryl should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the diabetes medication in your blood. This means that you will need to eat your first meal of the day at approximately the same time each day.
- If you do not take your Avandaryl as scheduled, take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue as scheduled. Do not take a double dose of Avandaryl.
- For Avandaryl to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Avandaryl will not work if you take it differently than how your healthcare provider prescribed it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Avandaryl or your Avandaryl dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking Avandaryl without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.