People who take too much Avandamet may have symptoms that include:
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) (see Avandamet and Blood Sugar)
- Lactic acidosis, due to the metformin in Avandamet (see Metformin and Lactic Acidosis)
- Fast heartbeat (tachycardia)
- Muscle pain
- Trouble breathing
- Abdominal pain (or stomach pain)
- Feeling cold
- Slow or irregular heartbeat.
If you happen to overdose, seek medical attention immediately.
(Click Avandamet Overdose for more information.)
Avandamet should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture or heat. The tablets should be kept in an airtight container.
Keep Avandamet and all medications out of the reach of children.
If you do not take your Avandamet as scheduled, take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose.
Avandamet tablets are available in four strengths:
- Avandamet 2 mg/500 mg tablets -- containing 2 mg rosiglitazone and 500 mg metformin
- Avandamet 2 mg/1000 mg tablets -- containing 2 mg rosiglitazone and 1000 mg metformin
- Avandamet 4 mg/500 mg tablets -- containing 4 mg rosiglitazone and 500 mg metformin
- Avandamet 4 mg/1000 mg tablets -- containing 4 mg rosiglitazone and 1000 mg metformin.