When and How to Take ItSome general considerations for when and how to take Amaryl include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It should be taken by mouth once daily.
- You dosage should be taken with breakfast. If you do not regularly eat breakfast, you should take Amaryl with the first main meal of your day.
- The medication should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For Amaryl to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Amaryl your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Amaryl Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of AmarylAs with any medicine, side effects can occur with Amaryl. However, not everyone who takes it will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate the drug well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can be easily treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
The most common side effects include:
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) (see Amaryl and Blood Sugar)
- Upset stomach (nausea).
(Click Amaryl Side Effects to learn more, including serious side effects you should report to your healthcare provider.)
You can also read about other possible side effects in the following eMedTV articles: