The dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- How well your diabetes is controlled
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Actos Dosage for more information.)
As with any medicine, there are possible side effects with Actos. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it well. When side effects do occur, in most cases they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
The most common side effects include:
- Upper respiratory infections (similar to the common cold)
- Sinus infection or sinus irritation
- Muscle pain
- Swelling or water weight gain (edema) (see Actos and Weight Gain).
(Click Side Effects of Actos to learn about the specific side effects, including serious side effects to look out for.)
Actos can potentially interact with a number of medicines.
(Click Actos Drug Interactions for more information about potential interactions.)