People who take too much Actoplus Met may have symptoms that include:
- Low blood sugar (see Actoplus Met and Blood Sugar)
- Lactic acidosis, due to the metformin in Actoplus Met (see Metformin and Lactic Acidosis)
- Fast heartbeat (tachycardia)
- Muscle pain
- Trouble breathing
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain)
- Feeling cold
- Slow or irregular heartbeat.
If you happen to overdose on Actoplus Met, seek immediate medical attention.
(Click Actoplus Met Overdose for more information.)
Actoplus Met should be stored at room temperature away from moisture or heat. The tablets should be kept in an airtight container.
Keep Actoplus Met and all medications out of the reach of children.
If you do not take your Actoplus Met as scheduled, take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose.
Actoplus Met tablets are available in two strengths:
- Actoplus Met 15 mg/500 mg tablets -- containing 15 mg pioglitazone and 500 mg metformin
- Actoplus Met 15 mg/850 mg tablets -- containing 15 mg pioglitazone and 850 mg metformin.